[gdal-dev] ISO WKB

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Dec 12 14:33:32 PST 2013

Le jeudi 12 décembre 2013 21:36:42, Paul Ramsey a écrit :
> Hey all,
> Is there already a facility for writing out ISO-standard WKB in GDAL? The
> biggest difference is the wkbGeometryType number for the case of 3d
> features. OGR currently uses the old extended SFSQL adopted by PostGIS.
> ISO (naturally) did their own thing. As far as I can see, there’s no
> support there now, or is there? P.

Hi Paul,

no, there's no support for ISO WKB yet. We still stick to
http://home.gdal.org/projects/opengis/twohalfdsf.html

I can imagine we could have exportToISOWkb() method in OGRGeometry*. Or we
could add an extra boolean argument bISOWkb to the existing exportToWkb(). Not
sure about WkbSize() : does the size of ISO WKB blobs differ from the unofficial
WKB ?

Even

--
Geospatial professional services