[gdal-dev] How to open Erdas Imagine .ige (Large Raster Spill File) Format with gdal

Jun Xiong jun.xiong1981 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 18:06:22 PST 2013

Hi All:

I have a Erdas .ige file (>=100GB) which was generated by gdal utility
gdal_merge.py,  then I want to use gdal API to open it, like following:

    GDALDatasetH  hDataset;
>     char *pszFilename;
>     GDALAllRegister();
>     hDataset = GDALOpen(pszFilename, GA_ReadOnly);

The program was compiled successfully, but when I tried to run it, the
system prompt

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

And nothing else, I googled such information and then found very hard to
locate the bugs. And ideas? Very appreciated.

Jun