[gdal-dev] OSGeo.OGR.Layer.Clip in C# application

Ellis Robin (Bundaberg) Robin.Ellis at science.dsitia.qld.gov.au
Sun Dec 15 21:12:20 PST 2013

As an update, this would appear to be a topological issue with my input
shapefile. I can successfully complete Intersection processes using the
method described previously if I use simple data inputs. Similarly, I
can complete a Clip process on simple data inputs, although the results
aren't always entirely as expected. If I hook up the
GDALProgressFuncDelegate I do notice this message pops up during
intersection/clip of complex inputs:

'System.ApplicationException' occurred in ogr_csharp.dll

Which ultimately leads to the GEOMETRYCOLLECTION error reported
previously. I can only assume that clean topology will avoid this.

Regards

Rob