[gdal-dev] ISO WKB

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Dec 18 16:32:14 PST 2013

Le jeudi 19 décembre 2013 00:50:06, Paul Ramsey a écrit :
> I've updated my working branch to match your intent more closely, I hope
>
> https://github.com/pramsey/gdal/tree/isowkb
>
> the iso enumeration is no longer there, and access to iso geometry
> types is via a protected method only.

Yes, looks good (except some generated files that accidently were committed).

> The reason I asked about GDAL2 is that some of the stuff in OGR seemed
> new to me (multiple geometry columns, e.g.) and I thought that those
> kinds of changes might be leading to a GDAL2 release.

There are a lot of possible ideas for a GDAL 2 (
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes ).
Multiple geometry columns is indeed a recent addition (
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc41_multiple_geometry_fields ), but it
doesn't break the C API.
To tag a GDAL 2, we would probably need something more disruptive (although
hopefully not too disruptive !) since GDAL 2 will sound to people's hears :
"ah, maybe I have to adapt my code that has worked for the last past 10 years"
Not sure when this will happen...