[gdal-dev] Pixel remap using the warp api question

Martin Chapman chapmanm at pixia.com
Fri Feb 8 14:35:26 PST 2013

I asked the following a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply.  Frank,
can you comment on this please?

.

I am trying to remap all "0" value pixels in the source images to the
value "1" in the output image using gdalwarp like so:

warpOptions->padfSrcNoDataReal[bandIndex] = 0;

warpOptions->padfSrcNoDataImag[bandIndex] = NULL;

warpOptions->padfDstNoDataReal[bandIndex] = 1;

warpOptions->padfDstNoDataImag[bandIndex] = NULL;

1. I am setting INIT_DEST=0.

2. not setting UNIFIED_SRC_NODATA.

3. the source images have no defined nodata value.

4. the output image has no defined nodata value.

with no luck.  My question is:  Is gdalwarp supposed to do this?  When I
look at the pixel value of the output image the black pixels are still "0"
and not "1".

My input and output are both 8-bit 3 band images.  I am using gdal 1.9.2.

Best regards,

Martin