[gdal-dev] Virtual Filesystem Question(s)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Feb 9 16:33:10 PST 2013

On 2/9/2013 6:41 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le dimanche 10 février 2013 00:23:37, Stephen Woodbridge a écrit :

>>> Perhaps vsicurl_streaming that is also mentioned in the same blog is
>>> something worth trying.
>>
>> Yeah, I saw that. I may or may not be able to build trunk on this
>> machine depending on the dependencies that needs as more of the
>> libraries are fairly dated.
>>
>> But more importantly, I think this is a bug. I'm happy to write it up
>> but it would be nice to get some confirmation. At the moment, I'm review
>> the source code to see if I can see a problem there.
>
> Well, I rather think that there's a bug in your PHP script, because curl -r
> 0-16383 http://www.google.fr works even if the returned file is < 16383
>
> whereas :
>
> curl -r 0-16383 http://example.com/ws/test-pg.php hangs
>
> Or it is a bug in libcurl itself.
>
> I haven't checked the RFCs, but all tests I have done before against Apache or
> IIS servers show that asking for more than the file size work.

Thanks, I will try 1.10 beta and also look at the php script. It is
possible that I'm not issuing all the headers correctly.

I trying to find an easy to read client-server dialog of what should be
happening with regards to the range requests. RFC 2616 covers it but it
is hard for me to piece together all the bits and pieces from this:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616

I appreciate your quick response. I'll continue digging in to this and
let you how it goes.

Thanks,
   -Steve