[gdal-dev] Converting ecw to tif for Geoserver

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Feb 10 13:20:45 PST 2013

Le samedi 09 février 2013 14:41:37, Andrea Aime a écrit :
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Even Rouault
>
> <even.rouault at mines-paris.org>wrote:
> > A solution - provided that MapWindows supports GDAL mask bands as
> > transparency

Anoter option would be to do that :

gdal_translate -of VRT tif_with_mask_band.tif out.vrt -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -b mask

This will turn a RGB+mask_band into a virtual RGBA

Provided that GeoServer can read VRT through GDAL. But I'm a bit surprised to
see that only just a few GDAL formats are listed in
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/raster/gdal.html . Not sure why
it is a limited list.