[gdal-dev] gdalwarp -rpc and RPC_DEM results and .TIL files

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at princeton-ma.us
Mon Feb 11 11:16:07 PST 2013

Hi Dmitry,

I am implementing RPC support on a driver, that is why I am interested in see how that thing works using the available sample data from different data providers. Comparing with some software is also part of the game.

>  I orthorectify such products with comparable with Envi results. But,
>  exist TIL driver usually have SRS WGS84 and output raster lost in

That is what I was expecting, EPSG 3427 WGS84 3D, or something similar.

But the sample data I downloaded has in UTM on the Geotiff tags.

The gdalinfo of the .TIL file doesn't show any SRS but shows all the file association and the RPC metadata.

So it should work better than the VRT solution that would use the UTN SRS for mosaicking with potential overlaps and gaps.

>  resolution on Y Axis. I correct driver and commit it (see ticket #3482
>  for details). Everything should be OK.

That ticket is about overview.

>  Also you need to add RPC_HEIGHT with some value to correct geoid.
>  http://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgis-lab.info%2Fqa%2Forbview3-ortho-gdal.html&act=url

I am using Geoid correction values from NOAA when I run "gfawarp -rpc". Did you noticed a field where you could enter that value when you run the PCI tool? I also checked the accuracy and resolution of my DEM and I used the same one in all the "contenders".

Anyway, thank so very much for all you guys advise.

Regards,

Ivan