[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr convert e00 to shp

Murat Beyhan muratbeyhan28 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:46:13 PST 2013

Dear frend,

I was creating shp file using ogr2ogr as follows

avcimport file.e00 coverage

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" file.shp coverage

This was worked well for old version of gdal

I have installed gdal 1.9 then I have faced such a problem

the ogr2ogr command create a directory and shp file located unter that
directory.
But old version of ogr2ogr was created files under the same directory where
you work

the old version of ogr2ogr creates file.shp file.shx file.dbf

but new version create directory under working directory called file.shp
instead of file.shp file
and the shp files located under file.shp directory

Please let me know what is differs this resuts.

Regards
Murat