[gdal-dev] GSoC 2013 Ideas List

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Feb 17 15:34:41 PST 2013

Le samedi 16 février 2013 22:23:07, Dmitriy Baryshnikov a écrit :
> The Google Summer of Code will be started soon, but we have no ideas to
> improving GDAL (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode).
> There is wish list
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/query?status=%21closed&order=id&desc=1&type=enh
> ancement), but it should be reformat for such tasks, which students can
> solve. Are there any ideas?

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes contains also a list of items,
but I doubt that they will attract students (or are appropriate for
newcomers).

Other ideas :
- A WMTS "mini-driver" for the WMS driver (provided that WMTS can indeed be
implemented as a minidriver, which I'm not sure because of the possible origin
shift between overview levels allowed by the spec)
- GDAL driver for the raster part of OGC Geopackage spec + upgrade of OGR
Spatialite driver for the vector part