[gdal-dev] Feature request: gauss and other interpolations in gdalwarp

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Mon Feb 18 08:17:31 PST 2013

Hi devs,

Would it be possible to add gauss and other interpolations to gdalwarp?
At the moment I georeference large scans to 2000*2000 tiles at the most
detailed scale, and then create 2000*2000 tiles at resolutions of 2, 4 6
etc  times the original scale, using gdaladdo and gauss or other
interpolations. It would help immensely if I could do that directly with
gdalwarp.

Funding would probably no problem. The question is: can and should it be
done?

Jan