[gdal-dev] gdalwarp producing rgb 0 0 0 for input nodata areas

Brian Case rush at winkey.org
Sun Feb 24 09:56:14 PST 2013

rick

you cannot preserve the nodata areas with jpeg output. you will have a
line around your image that is not quite your nodata values.

leave your files as geotiff until you merge them.

you did preserve the nodata with your gdalwarp just in the form of an
alpha band

you can merge your files with gdalwarp in1.tif in2.tif in3.tif out.tif

Brian