[gdal-dev] Looking for equivalent gdal/ogr methods

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:46:00 PST 2013

Hi all,

As some of you already know we are changing MapWindow GIS to let it use
more OGR/GDAL methods instead of our own/other libraries.
Until now we have 'migrated' a lot of functionality and we are very pleased
with it.

We still have a few methods left we have not yet migrated, because I'm
having trouble finding the equivalent gdal/ogr methods.
So my question is: How can I do the following tasks using GDAL/OGR.

* Convert 3D shapefile to 2D shapefile
* Clip polygon with a line (shape in a different shapefile)
* Clip shapefile with polygon (shape in a different shapefile)
* Erase shapefile with polygon (shape in a different shapefile)

We have compiled GDAL with GEOS so we can access those methods as well.

Thanks in advanced.

Paul

 *Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager