[gdal-dev] substitute pixel values

Hare, Trent thare at usgs.gov
Wed Jan 9 09:14:16 PST 2013

Micheal,
   Check out repl_val.py in the GDAL/python samples.
http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/swig/python/samples/

Changing it slightly you can do what you want.

original replace single value:
        scanline = numpy.choose( numpy.equal( scanline, inNoData),
                                      (scanline, outNoData) )

"Greater"
        scanline = numpy.choose( numpy.*greater*( scanline, inNoData),
                                       (scanline, outNoData) )

"Less"
        scanline = numpy.choose( numpy.*less*( scanline, inNoData),
                                       (scanline, outNoData) )

Does that help?

-Trent