[gdal-dev] FileGDB driver - internal paths

Simon Lyngby Kokkendorff silyko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:59:09 PST 2013

Hello List,

   I'm using OGR to read a FileGDB database, perform some transformations
and then write an output FileGDB database. In that process I would like to
preserve the structure of the original FileGDB, i.e. put "Feature Classes"
into the right "Feature Datasets" etc.
   Hence, my question is whether it is possible, from the c-api of OGR, to
determine the FileGDB specific "internal path" of an OGR-layer
(corresponding to e.g. a "Feature Class") loaded through the FileGDB
driver? Perhaps it is necessary to extract this information from the XML
layer definition, which seem to be available via special SQL requests (in
gdal/ogr 1.10?) ?

   Best Regards,
   Simon Kokkendorff, Danish Geodata Agency (formerly known as KMS)