[gdal-dev] libFileGDBAPI.so not found with compiling gdal 1.9.2 on openSUSE 12.2 x64.

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:04:26 PST 2013

Hi Donovan,

comments inline:

On 01/26/2013 01:34 AM, Donovan Cameron wrote:
> When I check-out the libgdal package and I run the osc build command, isn't
> this building locally and not trying to *upload *any binaries? I thought
> this chroot was in my local machine and only making changes there?
Yes this chroot is local when you use osc build command. Be careful not
to push your changes though.
Those local rpms can be saved and used, no problem.

> I was trying to keep this all a local build by following the instructions
> at: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial maybe I
> misunderstood what "local" really means. Should I not be using osc to build
> this and instead use the rpmbuild commands directly?
As long as you don't push proprietary binaries to OBS it is ok to build
locally.

> I'll explore those two options you've suggested, I was trying to do option
> 2, but kept running into permission issues when the source tarball for the
> API was being extracted to the chroot environment at /usr/lib64 with
> permission denied.
I would suggest to create a spec file that installs that API, build
locally and then require that rpm for your local gdal build.

> I'll read more on this stuff, thanks again.
You are welcome :)

> I think I just need to read more on how to handle user permissions in the
> spec file, so I'll take some time to read some more docs on bundling RPMs
> from spec files.

Cheers,
Angelos

--