[gdal-dev] fails to build with popler trunk

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Jan 28 08:45:26 PST 2013

On 28-01-2013 16:22, Even Rouault wrote:
> Selon Joaquim Luis<jluis at ualg.pt>:
>
>> Thanks Even
>>
>> I have a fresh gdal but since I use a nmake.local file, I hadn't noticed
>> the new POPPLER_0_23_OR_LATER=YES
>> Unfortunately, with it declared I still get one error:
>>
>> pdfdataset.cpp(1036) : error C2664: 'SplashOutputDev::startDoc' : cannot
>> convert parameter 1 from 'XRef *' to 'PDFDoc *'
>>           Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
>> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>> pdfdataset.cpp(2785) : error C3861: 'setErrorFunction': identifier not found
> Did you define POPPLER_0_20_OR_LATER=YES and POPPLER_BASE_STREAM_HAS_TWO_ARGS =
> YES and POPPLER_HAS_OPTCONTENT = YES ?
>
> I admit that the config process is a bit painfull and stupid.

Hm, I thought the POPPLER_0_23_OR_LATER=YES would deprecate the
POPPLER_0_20_OR_LATER=YES so had this last one commented out.
Declaring it seams to overcome these problems but I'm back to my old
know one

poppler.lib(GlobalParams.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain at 12 already
defined in gdaldllmain.obj

so I have to rebuild the poppler_GIT again