[gdal-dev] installing GDAL with a custom installation of zlib

fred p mapoubelle22 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 09:55:40 PDT 2013

Hello,

On a Linux platform, I have two versions of zlib :
- the older version is installed with the system in /usr/lib64
- the newer version is installed in a non standard directory

I launch the configure tool with the appropriate --with-zlib=/path/to/the/
newer/version/of/zlib

When compiling, this directory is actually used. But when I execute the
'make install' command, the binary tools I get depend on the older zlib
instead of the newer.

Can someone provide me some help ? Do I miss something ?

Thanks in advance.