[gdal-dev] using gdalwarp with a new projection in proj.4

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Jul 16 18:48:19 PDT 2013

Greetings,
  I am unable to use the HEALpix and rHEALPix projections which have been added about a year ago to proj.4 in gdalwarp.  Is there a configuration file for gdal that needs to be updated for this projection?

Here is the command in question that fails:

gdalwarp -s_srs EPSG:26711 -t_srs '+proj=rhealpix -f '%.2f' -I +lon_0=0 +a=1 +ellps=WGS84 +npole=0 +spole=0 -E'  ~/data/utm_orig.tif rhealpix.tif

The error message
“Translating source or target SRS failed:”

Thanks
--

Michael Speth
Research Systems Developer