[gdal-dev] How do I tell if an OGRSpatialReference has been initialized?

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Wed Jul 24 06:43:11 PDT 2013

I had considered validate(), but decided against it for the reason you
suggest - an initialized SRS might be in some weird format that fails
validation. I've been using exportToWkt(), but was/am concerned that it
might be possible to fail to export in odd-ball situations. Hence, my
question about a direct check. Sounds like exportToWkt() is my best bet.

Thanks to Frank and Etienne for the clarification.

David