[gdal-dev] SetFeature trouble! (HELP)

Mauro Pisano mauropisano at suremptec.com.ar
Thu Jun 6 15:34:38 PDT 2013

Hi everyone!

I have a question about using the method OGRLayer::Layer().

Following i show you a protion of code:

/*** */
// Create geometry from wkt
OGRGeometryFactory::createFromWkt(&pwkt, pSpatialRef, &pgeometry);

/** Configure geom
pCurrentFeature_->SetGeometry(&pgeometry);

if (pCurrentLayer_->SetFeature(pCurrentFeature_) != OGRERR_NONE) {
    SHOW_ERROR(message_LAYER_MODIFIED_CLOSE_ERROR);
}

1: The SetFeature, returns with an error, but if I open the .DBF file I
found that the insert was made.
Then... why I have the Feature set?, taking account that the method is
returning FAIL.

2: Suppose that i have two features, and I open it and started to edit a
third feature. Whats
 wrong in this case,  is that after the insert, the value of the FID is a
very very very big number. Example:

Feature 1 = FID = 0;
Feature 2 = FID = 1;
Feature 3 = FID = 2893772.

I dont  have any clue about whats happening, any kind of data will be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mauro Pisano
SUR Emprendimientos Tecnológicos

Perú 345  Piso 5to Oficina "B" (C1067AAG)
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel. +54 (11) 4342-2976/84
mauropisano at suremptec.com.ar
www.suremptec.com