[gdal-dev] Bad result when writing into KML without -t_srs

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Jun 6 22:08:48 PDT 2013

Andre Joost <andre+joost <at> nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> Am 07.06.2013 01:26, schrieb Jukka Rahkonen:
>

> > The result is good if I add parameter -t_srs epsg:4326. However, this should
> > be unnecessary with KML because it is always EPSG:4326 and also the driver
> > manual page http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_kml.html claims the same in the text
> > and in the examples.
>
> +1, the same should go for the GPX driver.

Herman Peifer wrote but forgot to send to the list:

" Jukka,
Could you please try with -a_srs epsg:2393 instead of -s_srs epsg:2393,
see http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4496"

This is funny, but using -a_srs:2393 in the command really leads to correct
result. Following command, even being all wrong with the a_srs, gives good
KML and it also overrides the erroneous prj file.

ogr2ogr -f KML -a_srs epsg:2393  test6.kml test_region.shp

-Jukka Rahkonen-