[gdal-dev] NITF Chip

Baker, Anthony W Anthony.W.Baker at boeing.com
Mon Jun 10 09:13:47 PDT 2013

I have a NITF file which I can read fine with GDAL.  The issue that it is a chip and using the transformation to determine geolocations fails (for example finding the chip's four corners).  Instead of placing a point based on the chip, it places it based on the whole image.  I can read the metadata and see that the RPC metadata contains the chip offset:
RPC Metadata:
  LINE_OFF=3276
  LINE_SCALE=3276
  SAMP_OFF=2538
  SAMP_SCALE=2538
  LONG_OFF=-106.8927
  LONG_SCALE=0.0542
  LAT_OFF=32.3084
  LAT_SCALE=0.0593
  HEIGHT_OFF=1229
  HEIGHT_SCALE=1214

I am tempted to use the LINE_OFF and SAMP_OFF to make the adjustments to properly get the boundary.  I believe this is only a partial solution (not generic enough) and will just give further problems as I get other NITF chips.  Would someone help me with the proper way of handling the chip transformation?

Thank you,

Anthony