[gdal-dev] SQLite driver and drop table problem

Piotr Tracz piotr at cgis.pl
Fri Jun 14 11:18:19 PDT 2013

Hello,

I think there might be a bug in OGRSQLiteDataSource::ExecuteSQL but
before I make bug ticket, I want to be sure I'm not missing anything.
When one try to execute SQL command "DROP TABLE xxx", error "In
ExecuteSQL(): sqlite3_step(DROP TABLE xxx):
   SQL logic error or missing database" occurs.

  I think this error is related to how SQLite behaves: DROP TABLE can be
only executed by sqlite3_exec while GDAL is trying to do that by
  sqlite3_prepare ->  sqlite3_step -> sqlite3_finalize chain.

Bug is related to GDAL 1.10 version (however previous behaves the same)
compiled aganist SQLITE 3.7.x.

Regards,

Piotr