[gdal-dev] WFS Axis order issue with projected coordinate system

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Mar 3 00:52:14 PST 2013

> Funny thing is ogrinfo reports the SRS with the correct axis order.
>
> Of course I can add "SRSNAME=EPSG:2193" to the URL, but I'd rather the GDAL
> internals were working correctly.

This is http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4329

In short, the WFS/GML drivers can deal with geographic SRS that have
latitude/longitude ordering and do the coordinate swapping, but not yet for
projected SRS that have northing/easting ordering.

The return of the driver is somehow correct.  It reports a SRS in
northing/easting ordering and presents coordinates in that order. But I agree
it would be nicer for it to behave like geographic SRS with inverted axis
order.

Another way of working around that is to force VERSION=1.0.0, since GeoServer
only honours EPSG axis order from WFS 1.1.0. Remembers me
http://dmorissette.blogspot.fr/2012/12/dont-upgrade-to-wms-130-unless-you.html