[gdal-dev] nodata in .bil format

Jan Heckman jan.heckman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 12:10:23 PST 2013

Hi,
There should certainly not be a space between Nodata and Value as in your
mail below.
There are two formats relevant for (at least) arcgis:
.bil. In this case the keyword is NoData
.flt. In this case the keyword is NoData_Value.
Capitalization, afaik, is irrelevant.
So you could modify the .hdr file as a test, and if it works out as I
indicated (NoData=-9999 in stead of NoData Value=-9999) you can file a
useful ticket.
.flt, by the way, is a float array which appears to be used only as an
intermediate (conversion) format, as in the conversion tools: float to
raster and vice versa.
Hope this helps a little,
Jan