[gdal-dev] Help me about gdal2tiles
ichikawa.yuji at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:18:56 PST 2013
I want to make data as TMS from NOAA GLOBE, but am in trouble at gdal2tiles.py stage.
Here are what I did.
1. installed GDAL library (1.9.2) by HomeBrew on MacOS X(10.8.2)
2. installed gdal by pip on python2.7.3
3. downloaded all data from http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/gltiles.html and extract.
4. downloaded all headers from http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/elev/esri/hdr/
5. added "PIXELTYPE SIGNEDINT" according tohttp://fortrangis.berlios.de/doc/globe.html
6. gdalbuildvrt globe.vrt ?10g
7. gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:3857 -r bilinear globe.vrt globe-3857.tif
8. gdal2tiles.py -s EPSG:3857 -z 0-16 globe-3857.tif
The last process was done soon and resulting directories and files are a few like below.
I miss 0-32766 folders and 0-32766.pngs.
What should I do?
I checked behaviors inside gdal2tiles.py and found unit inconsistency in line 959.
line 959 is a part in determining tile range, and such as below.
tminx, tminy = self.mercator.MetersToTile( self.ominx, self.ominy, tz )
Here self.ominx, self.ominy should be meters but actually they are degrees.
But I am not quite sure where should I fix.
With best regards,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gdal-dev