[gdal-dev] Get a list of supported file formats

Jaak Laineste (Nutiteq) jaak at nutiteq.com
Sun Mar 31 08:12:26 PDT 2013

Hello,
 There is no similar simple way to get list of OGR datasource extensions,
as there is no "driver metadata" for OGR, correct ?

 I found out that some GDAL datasources do not report their extensions,
e.g. BSB, also some datasources may have alternative extensions, from where
datasource reports only one (there is "tif", but no "geotiff" or "tiff")

Jaak

2013/3/17 Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org>

> Le samedi 16 mars 2013 16:14:30, Diego Gnesi Bartolani a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm writing a python plugin for QGIS. I need to implement a "Save As"
> > dialog and the user should choose among all GDAL's supported file
> formats.
> > Is there a method inside the GDAL API to iterate over all the supported
> > raster (and only raster) file formats and get the file extension and the
> > format definition, i.e. the tuple ("*.TIF, *.tif", "GeoTIFF")?
>
> Look at http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/gcore/gdal_misc.cpp, lines
> 2344
> to 2453
>

> > Thanks!