[gdal-dev] Anyone interested in mentoring my project?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed May 1 03:45:02 PDT 2013

Le mardi 30 avril 2013 21:55:05, Jorge Arévalo a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've applied as student to Google Summer of Code, with this project
> (GDAL/OGR on the web):
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/jorgear
> evalo/10002
>
> The project has no assigned mentor on the ideas page
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode). So, is anyone interested
> in mentoring it?

Hi Jorge,

(Not applying myself as a mentor for now. Just a few thoughts)

I skimmed through your proposal and was wondering if there's not an overlap
with what is provided by the OGC WPS standard. Did you consider this ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Processing_Service will lead you to the
standard, exiting WPS server implementations, client-side javascript
frameworks, etc...

Some aspects of your proposal (particularly about uploading data, etc...) made
me also remind of the OpenAerialMap effort ( http://openaerialmap.org/Main_Page
), but it is currently stalled. I believe the main issue was storage
capability and bandwidth price, but the mailing list seem no longer reachable.

Even