[gdal-dev] NITF with MultiDataSet

xavier lhomme lhomme.xavier at gmail.com
Wed May 1 07:00:40 PDT 2013

Hi
I try to load a NITF with multidataset into ArcGIS Desktop . But ArcGIS
tells me that there is no spatial reference in my file.
Then I check with gdalinfo which tells me that my file is referenced with
WGS84.

Then I try to convert the file with gdal in GeoTiff format
I'm using gdal 1.9.2 and try to convert a NITF with multidataset into a
GeoTiFF file.
I'm using ns3361c.tif downloaded from
http://www.gwg.nga.mil/ntb/baseline/software/testfile/Nitfv2_1/scen_2_1.htmlas
a sample.

I try :
gdalwarp NITF_IM:0:ns3361nc.nsf test.tif
gdalwarp NITF_IM:1:ns3361nc.nsf test.tif
gdalwarp NITF_IM:2:ns3361nc.nsf test.tif
gdalwarp NITF_IM:3:ns3361nc.nsf test.tif

the online doc of gdalwarp explains : Mosaicing into an existing output
file is supported if the output file already exists.

but the result test.tif doesn't conains all subdataset.

Thanks in advance.

xlhomme