[gdal-dev] Othogonal projcetion

MARION VIOLOT marion.violot at gmail.com
Mon May 6 00:27:13 PDT 2013

Dear everyone,

I am new with GDAL-OGR and only need to orthogonally project points on
polyline and then calculate the distance from the projections and the start
point of the polyline (in C++, in a Windows Form Application with Visual
Studio 2008).

I didn't find yet a developed method in GDAL-OGR that enables me to do it.
I would like to know if there is any existing one, or at least one method
that calculates the shorter distance between a point and a polyline? I was
thinking about first understanding and then using the OGR Projections
Tutorial, but it's seems very complicated for doing so little.

Thanks a lot for your time and your help.
Marion.