[gdal-dev] Django 1.5.1, gdal 1.9.2: segmentation fault on DataSource import

Alessandro Candini candini at meeo.it
Mon May 13 01:29:10 PDT 2013

I cannot import gdal utilities anymore.

I was working on a project on an Arch Linux machine, using Django 1.5.1
and GDAL 1.9.2.

Today I have updated my distro and the DataSource failed its import:
from django.contrib.gis.gdal import DataSource
Exception Value: cannot import name DataSource

Going back between exceptions, I found that the segmentation fault is
caused by line 84 of
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/gis/gdal/libgdal.py:
ver = gdal_version().decode()

This is inside the gdal_version_info() function.

Have you got any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks.