[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 40 - "Improving performance of Raster Attribute Table implementation for large tables"

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sun May 19 12:21:13 PDT 2013

+1 Howard

I don't necessarily agree with the statement that this is a GDAL 2.0 item, however. We have plenty of examples of changing the C++ API and simply adding new stuff to the C API.  There's no reason why this can't go into GDAL 1.11, if that's what our next release is called, if the the C API does not change and only additions are made to support the new functionality.

I'm not sure I like the method name, ValuesIO, so much, but I don't have a better suggestion. Not that I like the name RasterIO either ;)

Howard

/me is good at neither naming nor caching.