[gdal-dev] Some OGR drivers do not work
Jaak Laineste (Nutiteq)
jaak at nutiteq.com
Mon May 20 09:26:09 PDT 2013
I compiled GDAL 0.10 release for Android, with basic driver package. I left cURL and other more complex dependencies for later. It works with partial success:
a) Snags during compiling:
1. had to disable gif driver, as there was "undefined reference to `GIFAbstractDataset::GetMetadataItem". I don't see any real use of that anyway.
2. from tif_open.c I removed lines 99 and 100 (asserts for 64bit types), as they appear not to work on 32bit ARMv7 (they assert false). Would it be safe enough? Interesting is that I did not have this problem with GDAL 0.9
3. Some other tweaks and changes as described in  to get also Swig Java bindings working
b) Runtime problems. Main problem is that some OGR drivers do not open some of test files, even if ogr.GetDriver() reports them. See  for reported the list. There is no any error message, and debugging this via Android NDK would be a bit too much for me.
1. Working files: shapefile, esripolygon.json, dxf, csv
2. Not working: KML, GML and GeoJSON. By not working I mean Open (<file>,false) returns null.
So my questions:
1. Is there a way to troubleshoot runtime problems ? org.gdal.gdal.gdal.GetLastErrorMsg() seems to report nothing after Open error. Maybe some dependency missing from compilation?
2. Any hint how to fix tif_open.c problem properly?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gdal-dev