[gdal-dev] problem with gdal_translate

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon May 20 12:46:36 PDT 2013

Peng Fu <fupenghzau <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I used the gdal_translate to store the netcdf data into geotiff file, but
it just gave me an error:
> Input file contains subdatasets. Please, select one of them for
reading.command:gdal_translate -of GTiff -b 9 -a_srs EPSG:4326  BAND_02.nc
/test.tif

I have never done anything with netcfd, but I would run gdalinfo for getting
a list about the subdatasets and then use that as a source as described in
the driver manual page http://www.gdal.org/frmt_netcdf.html

Perhaps it will be something like NETCDF:"BAND_02.nc":subdataset

-Jukka Rahkonen-