[gdal-dev] Can I leave OGR_INTERLEAVED_READING=YES on all the time?

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Thu May 23 02:01:46 PDT 2013

I'm developing an application that wraps OGR for feature ingest which works
fine. With the new OSM driver all is good until a user tries to open a
large file which hangs unless OGR_INTERLEAVED_READING=YES is set (then all
is fine again).

However I don't really want users to have to decide if they have a large
file or not and then mess around with environment variables, so is there
any downside to setting this on in my code and leaving it on all the time?

if not what is the size break point at which I should turn it on?

cheers

Ian

--
Ian Turton