[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.10 JP2000 Problem/Crash

John Daniel jdaniel at usgs.gov
Thu May 23 09:07:53 PDT 2013

Even,
Is this crash specific to GDAL 1.10? We have been using the old ECW library for a couple of years with good success. It is a bit buggy. I never did get it running on Solaris. We are still on GDAL 1.9.2.

I have been worried about this old ECW library blocking us from future updates. We are testing Kakadu right now. If ECW has problems in GDAL 1.10, that would be important to know.

Are there any issues with Kakadu and GDAL 1.10? I'm worried about the way GDAL links directly to Kakadu object files instead of using the library.

Thanks

John Daniel
Software Engineer
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT, Inc.)
Contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center
47914 252nd Street
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57198
Phone: 905.240.2953
Mobile: 905.442.9385