[gdal-dev] OGR VRT - affine transform ?

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Fri May 24 03:04:32 PDT 2013

Hello,

Is it possible to apply an on-the-fly affine transform to an OGR dataset
with the help of VRT ?
Could not find any help or mailing list message about this...

The source of the issue is we want to display in QGIS a
non-georeferenced raster with an associated GML mask, where the
coordinates in the mask are in pixel indices, relative to the raster (X
and Y coordinates are unsigned integers).
When loading those two layers as-is in QGis, the raster is correctly
displayed (north up, south down) but the GML mask is inverted, with a
symmetry around the Y axis (Y coordinates interpreted as south->north
when Y increases). We would like the GML mask to be overlayed on the
raster, so applying "f(Y)=-Y" on the coordinates would do the trick.
Any other idea to cope with this issue would be appreciated. We asked on
qgis-users and still no luck.

Thanks in advance,
Julien