[gdal-dev] What's the best way to fix an incorrect projection in a geotiff

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Tue May 28 08:25:35 PDT 2013

I have a geotiff that contains data in Penn. State-Plane, but the
coordinate system is listed as GCS WGS84. What's the best way to fix
this, esp if I have multiple files with this problem?
I can use listgeo to get a file of the all the tags, edit the coordinate
system to the correct value, then use tiffcp on each file to strip out
the tags and then use geotifcp to put back the correct ones, but I
suspect there's a better way, perhaps using gdalwarp with the -to option
set to override the input SRS, creating a trivial warp? Or maybe
something simpler that I'm not seeing.
thanks
David