[gdal-dev] gdal_translate produces tif with different colors as original

Moses.Gone at t-systems.com Moses.Gone at t-systems.com
Wed Nov 6 11:01:14 PST 2013

Hello List,
I am using SDE as my raster data source with the ultimate goal  to tile this dataset: I am running the following  gdal_translate command to generate the initial VRT:

gdal_translate  -projwin 390605 5588320 410128 5568805 -a_srs EPSG:25832 -a_nodata none -of vrt SDE:server,5153,db,user,pw,table,image clippedvrt.vrt

Tiling the resultant VRT produces tiff with weird colors. The colors are either intensified or totally different from the original as you can see from the attached test results

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-iJv3cImO7bkZYRVZERi1rTTg/edit?usp=sharing

could someone shade some light as to what might be happening.

Thank you

Moses