[gdal-dev] Writing GPX Files with multiple Extensions

Pouliot, Christopher (MNIT) Christopher.Pouliot at state.mn.us
Thu Nov 7 07:51:35 PST 2013

Hello All,

I am currently using GDAL 1.9 and I'm writing out GPX files for uploading onto Garmin units.  Garmin has many different GPX extensions (gpxx, gpxtpx, gpxtrx, etc) for defining extra attributes for their GPS data.  I am wondering how I would specify these multiple extensions in my code?  Currently, I am defining a single extension as shown below:

ds = drv.CreateDataSource(outputFilePath, new string[] { "GPX_USE_EXTENSIONS=YES","GPX_EXTENSIONS_NS=gpxx","GPX_EXTENSIONS_NS_URL=http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3"});}

How would I go about setting more namespaces (gpxtpx, gpxtrx, ...)?  And then how would I specify that an attribute belongs in a particular extension?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Pouliot  |  GIS Application Developer
MN.IT Services @ Department of Natural Resources
(651) 259-5491 (w)  |  christopher.pouliot at state.mn.us
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CEDB9E.F20C9670]<http://www.mn.gov/oet>  Information Technology for Minnesota Government   |   mn.gov/oet<http://www.mn.gov/oet>