[gdal-dev] In which version utilities have appeared?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Nov 9 01:53:13 PST 2013

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:

> Well, I admire your energy. Why not being lazy and telling that your tutorial
> applies to GDAL 1.10 or above, and if people are using older versions some
> things might not apply.

All users do not administrate their computers. If sys admin suggests
something like Debian Squeeze stable
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdal-bin or Debian Wheezy stable
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/gdal-bin it would be nice to check fast if
for example "gdallocationinfo" or "gdal_edit.py" is supported or if admins
should install something cutting edge instead
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/gdal-bin. Which they probably will
not do but that is another story.

By the way, I checked my laptop that I have been used since 2006 and found
44 separate GDAL dll files of versions between 1.2 and 1.10.

-Jukka-