[gdal-dev] [EXTERNAL] Minimum user rights needed for Oracle driver

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Tue Oct 1 13:58:14 PDT 2013

Jukka,

Basically, you need read access to the schema.table in question. The
spatial views are automatically available if a user has read access to the
table. So the minimum access is

GRANT SELECT on SCHEMA.TABLENAME to USERNAME;

ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA is a view that contains metadata information for all
spatial tables on which the user has SELECT permission. It is this view
that OGR uses to access Oracle Spatial data.

Mike

--
Michael Smith

US Army Corps