[gdal-dev] [EXTERNAL] Minimum user rights needed for Oracle driver

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 1 14:28:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

What about if GDAL and Oracle can't find common understandment about SRID? I have seen that GDAL tries then  to insert something into MDSYS.CS_SRS and with our user rights that fails always. I have not studied that further because that comes always from my error and adding -lco SRID helps which is lucky because our db admins tend to be jealous about the MDSYS area.

Nothing to worry about USER/ALL_SDO_INDEX_METADATA, is it handled automatically together with read/write rights to tables and views?

-Jukka-
Smith, Michael wrote:

> For write access, one needs INSERT and/or UPDATE on an existing table. For
> a new table, a user needs CREATE TABLE and CREATE SEQUENCE access to a
> Schema and some tablespace allocation for the schema, ALTER USER USERNAME
> QUOTA <SIZE> on TABLESPACE Y,   or GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE to USERNAME.

Mike

--
Michael Smith

US Army Corps