[gdal-dev] Compile errors when including gdal.lib (trunk version)

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 09:33:05 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We're using GDAL in our Open Source GIS application called MapWinGIS (
https://mapwingis.codeplex.com).
MapWinGIS is build using Visual Studio 2008 Pro and its language is VC++.
We've been using GDAL for years now.
I'm currently in the process of update the external libraries, like GDAL,
GEOS, etc.

I have compiled the trunk version of GDAL (v1.10.1), with the trunk version
of Proj4, GEOS v3.4.2, ERDAS SDK v5 and the latest LizardTech SDK.
This process seems to be working OK, like it has been for the last several
years.
When I test with gdalinfo.exe I can open tiff-files, ECW-files and
MrSid-files.

But when I want to include the gdal.lib into MapWinGIS I get two strange
errors which I don't get if I use GDAL v1.9.

#1: error LNK2005: _DllMain at 12 already defined in
mfcs90.lib(dllmodul.obj)    gdal.lib
#2: fatal error LNK1194: cannot delay-load 'NCSEcw.dll' due to import of
data symbol '"__declspec(dllimport) const NCS::CMutex::`vftable'"
(__imp_??_7CMutex at NCS@@6B@)'; link without /DELAYLOAD:NCSEcw.dll

The second error is about the ERDAS SDK and can be solved by removing
'NCSEcw.dll' from the delay load binaries. But I'm not sure if we can still
show ecw-files.

#1 seems to be the biggest problem and we've tried several different
configurations and searched a lot using Google but we can solve this.

Does anybody understands what is going on and how we can fix this so we can
use the latest GDAL library?

Thanks,

Paul

 *Paul Meems *