[gdal-dev] Setting the georeferencing priority for GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Oct 28 15:32:18 PDT 2013

> > Was it with the JP2OPENJPEG driver ? JP2KAK and JP2ECW should return what
> > is found in .aux.xml.
>
> Yes, it was JP2OPENJPEG. I was testing in the average user mode and did not
> bother to search Windows binaries with other JPEG2000 drivers and playing
> with GDAL_SKIP config option. They are not for mortals either. It would be
> good if all the JPEG2000 drivers would behave in a similar way with
> georeferencing.

Would you mind opening a ticket about that ?

> I am remembering that for the JPEG2000 standard it is OK to write the boxes
> also after the codestream. I am also remembering that you wrote a script
> that did that with GML box about one and a half year ago. I bet that some
> JPEG2000 libraries would not find the boxes at the end of the file, though.

Yes, you are right. I had an impression of "déjà vu" when writing about that.
Actually the archives reveal that we had an extensive discussion on that topic
in http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2012-April/thread.html#32441 and
the script you mention is on my home page... :
http://even.rouault.free.fr/append_gmljp2_box.py

--
Geospatial professional services