[gdal-dev] HFA and RAT

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 13:22:14 PDT 2013

Take any image, a screenshot of your desktop for example, save it as .bmp "gdal_translate" it to HFA, .img file, and run gdalinfo on it (trunk version). It's only me or at the end of the gdalinfo report do you also see <GDALRasterAttributeTable /> for each band?

Band 1 Block=64x64 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined
  Description = Layer_1
  Metadata:
    LAYER_TYPE=athematic
<GDALRasterAttributeTable />

Band 2 Block=64x64 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined
  Description = Layer_2
  Metadata:
    LAYER_TYPE=athematic
<GDALRasterAttributeTable />

Band 3 Block=64x64 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined
  Description = Layer_3
  Metadata:
    LAYER_TYPE=athematic
<GDALRasterAttributeTable />

It seems to me that the HFA driver is reporting incorrectly when the GDAL API function GDALGetDefaultRAT is called by gdalinfo.