[gdal-dev] Tester with ERDAS needed

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Sep 23 23:58:37 PDT 2013

lpinner <Luke.Pinner <at> environment.gov.au> writes:

> I've tried to replicate with ERDAS Imagine 2013, but the resulting JP2s are
> georeferenced correctly in ArcMap and GDAL 1.10 (before r26485). This was
> with "Embed GeoTIFF" checked and "Embed GML" unchecked in the ERDAS Imagine
> export options dialog.
>
> Perhaps the 2nd GeoTIFF JP2Box is a bug in earlier versions of Imagine and
> has since been fixed?
>
> Luke

Hi,

Thanks for testing. My test images are also from a fresh Imagine version and
behavior was the same on two separate installations. Perhaps you can do one
more test? If you open the JPEG2000 file with kdu_show viewer (downloadable
from
http://www.kakadusoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=22)
you can study the metadata structure with the metashow tool. This screen
capture shows the faulty situation
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Erdas_geojp2_without_gml.png

Is there one or more uuid boxes in your image?
For me the metashow tool shows full content from only one uuid (GeoTIFF)
box, the other is too big. Fortunately the error, if it happens, is in the
small one and you can see it in the screen capture: OriginX and OriginY are
both 0.000000.

-Jukka Rahkonen-