[gdal-dev] Strange reset OGR_INTERLEAVED_READING when using Python bindings to read OSM PBF file

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Apr 5 02:23:43 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 02 avril 2014 21:45:23, Dražen Odobašić a écrit :
> On 02.04.2014 21:38, Even Rouault wrote:
> >> I had no issues when reading large PBF files using this method. For the
> >> large files, without OSM_USE_CUSTOM_INDEXING=NO I got lots of "Cannot
> >> read node ..." error messages, and I'm not sure why. Basically I
> >> stumbled onto OSM_USE_CUSTOM_INDEXING=NO which seems to help. However,
> >> in this case custom indexing has no effect, script still fails to
> >> extract data.
> >
> > Hum, there might be a bug in custom indexing that you've hit. What is the
> > PBF file you are converting ?
> >
> > And to be sure to understand: when setting OSM_USE_CUSTOM_INDEXING=NO,
> > the conversion works ?
>
> Yes, converting http://download.geofabrik.de/north-america-latest.osm.pbf
> (5.9G), works only with manually overridden OSM_USE_CUSTOM_INDEXING=NO

Dražen,

I've successfully converted the north-america-latest.osm.pbf with GDAL
1.11beta1 (Linux 64bit system) without having to override
OSM_USE_CUSTOM_INDEXING. But the code of the OSM driver hasn't changed
significantly w.r.t. 1.10 so I'm not sure why you get an error...

Even

--
Geospatial professional services