[gdal-dev] Sentinel driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Apr 26 03:57:47 PDT 2014

Le vendredi 25 avril 2014 21:21:15, shawn gong a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Will there be a Sentenel-1 gdal driver soon?

Drivers don't appear out of spontaneous generation -;)

> I heard that it contains a GTiff and XML.

There are interesting resources online:
* introduction
https://earth.esa.int/web/sentinel/sentinel-1-sar-wiki/-/wiki/Sentinel%20One/Level+1+Product+Formatting
* format specification
https://earth.esa.int/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=349449&name=DLFE-4503.pdf
* test data
https://earth.esa.int/web/sentinel/sentinel-1-sar-wiki/-/wiki/Sentinel%20One/Test+Data

I've downloaded a few test datasets and you can already read the GeoTIFF files in them.
Depending on the nature of the product, they might be of complex data type (CInt16) or not.
They have GCPs, so you need to use gdalwarp to rectify them.

There's a huge quantity of metadata in the companion XML files.
A potential driver should likely select the ones that are the most interesting to report. A bit like
DIMAP 2.

--
Geospatial professional services